Monday, July 28, 2008

Andrea's Webquest

When I first became certified as a Computer Discovery teacher, I had to create a webquest as a requirement of my certification. At that time, I thought that webquests were clever ways to get students actively engaged in learning to use the computer to conduct research to complete lessons in specific subject areas. The great thing about webquests is that they can be created for any subject area and can also be created for entertainment uses as well.
I learned a great deal about properly creating a webquest for students so that they have an effective purpose. There were several different aspects required in this assignmet that I had not taken into account when I created my first webquest several years ago. I especially liked how the students and teachers would have access to a rubric and teachers notes.

Here is the link to my webquest on the European Union.

No comments: